No wooden flooring looks very good when it’s all scratched or scraped up. There is a huge focus on the aesthetics of your home, particularly when people enter your home or when you want to sell your home. However, scratches on your wooden floor doesn’t mean that there is no hope for it – removing surface scratches in your wooden floor is pretty easy. We’re going to show you just how to do that.
Here are the things you’ll need to get started:
- Hardwood floor cleaner
- Protective coating
- Soft cloths
Now, we’ll show you some of the actions you’re going to need to do, in order to remove the scratch or scratches from the floor.
- First, you need to keep in mind that it’s easy to fix your surface scratch. Why? It’s because you will only need to repair the protective top coating of the wooden floor.
- Now, you need to use a soft cloth and hardwood floor cleaner to clean the scratched area. You have to ensure that the scratched area doesn’t have any dirt or grime which can be sealed into the floor as well.
- Use clean water to dampen another cloth so that you can rinse that area of the floor.
- Give the area a chance to thoroughly dry.
- Now, you need to apply a new layer of protective coating, like shellac or sealant, once the area is clean and dry.
- Let that area of the floor dry overnight and you’re done!
We are professional flooring contractors in Ottawa. If you are looking to replace your floors in Ottawa or refinish your floors in your home to look like new again then give us a call for a free Ottawa flooring quote. We have the experience needed to make recommendations on the right materials for your flooring job and we can do the flooring work the right way to ensure your Ottawa floors last for a long time and add real value to your home. Call us for all of your Ottawa floor installation and refinishing needs.