You may have heard a lot of things about wooden floors, but what’s truth and what’s not? There are a number of wooden floor myths that people often tend to associate with these beautiful structures, but we’re here to debunk those myths in this post. Check them out below…
- Many people think wooden floors are expensive. Initially, they may be more costly than other flooring options, but they are actually a very cheap long term option. They can last for lots of years and save you quite a lot of money on repairs or replacements.
- Many people think wooden floors are difficult to maintain. Actually, maintenance is quite simple – all you have to do is sweep, dust mop, vacuum and polish.
- Many people think wooden floors can scratch easily. The floor finish may get scratched, but the wood itself won’t.
- Many people think purchasing wooden floors depletes forests. Wood flooring is quite environmentally friendly, because wood is a renewable resource which can be harvested with minimal impact on the environment.
- Many people think investing in wooden flooring doesn’t make sense if you plan to move at some point. This is untrue because of the significant value that wooden floors can add to your home, raising the sale price.
We are professional flooring contractors in Ottawa. If you are looking to replace your floors in Ottawa or refinish your floors in your home to look like new again then give us a call for a free Ottawa flooring quote. We have the experience needed to make recommendations on the right materials for your flooring job and we can do the flooring work the right way to ensure your Ottawa floors last for a long time and add real value to your home. Call us for all of your Ottawa floor installation and refinishing needs.