Wooden floor care and maintenance is very important to upkeep its aesthetic value so that you can impress visitors when they come around or if you decide to sell your home someday. We’re going to show you some of the things you should avoid doing to your wooden floor, if you want to keep it looking good and long-lasting.
- You should avoid using harsh or abrasive chemicals to clean your floor, because they can damage it immediately or over time.
- You should avoid using hard casters on items of furniture which are directly in contact with your hardwood floor.
- You should avoid cleaning your hardwood floors with steam mops, because the water and the heat will eventually damage the floor.
- You should avoid directly pouring cleaning products directly onto your wooden floor, because they can get absorbed into the floor in certain spots, causing swelling and an uneven appearance over time.
- You should avoid waiting too long to do refinishing on your wooden floor. Try to re-coat it at least every 3 to 5 years, based on the level of wear and tear that occurs.
- You should avoid wearing high heels on the wooden floors, because they can cause a lot of damage to your floor, like scratches and dents.
- You should avoid having furniture with unprotected legs in contact with your wooden floor, because their weight can cause a lot of damage to it.
- You should avoid dragging your furniture or appliances along your floor, because they can likely damage it.
- You should avoid letting your pets’ nails grow out. You should have them trimmed so that they don’t scrape and scratch your floor’s finish.
- You should avoid leaving pet stains there, untreated. The faster you deal with pet stains, the less likely it will damage your floor.
We are professional flooring contractors in Ottawa. If you are looking to replace your floors in Ottawa or refinish your floors in your home to look like new again then give us a call for a free Ottawa flooring quote. We have the experience needed to make recommendations on the right materials for your flooring job and we can do the flooring work the right way to ensure your Ottawa floors last for a long time and add real value to your home. Call us for all of your Ottawa floor installation and refinishing needs.